Featured Athlete of the Month: Ty Cook
FieldLevel’s athlete of the month for May is Ty Cook from Highlands, Texas. Ty plays 1st base, pitcher, and center field for Mizuno Baseball club and Goose Creek Memorial High School. Through hard work and the support of the people around him, he recently committed to play baseball at Our Lady of Lake University in San Antonio, Texas.
When did you first start playing sports?
I first started playing sports when I was 4 years old.
What would your coaches say is your best quality?
My coaches would say my best quality is my baseball knowledge.
Who are your inspirations/heroes?
My hero/inspiration is the man above.
What is your proudest sports moment?
I would say going 3-3 in a game at Minute Maid Park against a Texas A&M commit.
What are your game day superstitions/routines?
I wear my lucky socks.
What was the most challenging part of the recruiting process?
The most challenging part was getting exposure in front of colleges coaches and recruiters.
How did FieldLevel help you?
FieldLevel allowed me to post videos of highlights so coaches could evaluate me better.
If you could give one piece of advice to high school athletes going through the recruiting process, what would it be?
I would say to always try hard and do well in school.
- Alex Weeks, Rising Assistant Coach at College of San Mateo, is the Coach of the Month
- Featured Athlete of the Month: Ty Cook
- Brant Thompson (2017 OL – McMinn Central High School) is April’s Featured Athlete of the Month
- Dwayne Hicks, Nationally Recognized Head Coach of Team Total Lacrosse, is April’s Coach of the Month
- More Teams, More Coaches, More College Interest