Brant Thompson (2017 OL – McMinn Central High School) is April’s Featured Athlete of the Month
Our featured athlete for April is Brant Thompson of Etowah, Tennessee. Brant plays OL for McMinn Central High School and will continue his academic and athletic career at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, Kentucky.
When did you first start playing sports?
I started playing sports when I was 6 years old.
What would your coaches say is your best quality?
My coaches say my work ethic is my best quality.
Who are your inspirations/heroes?
Former Central Michigan University and current San Francisco 49ers offensive lineman Joe Staley.
What is your proudest sports moment?
My proudest moment was beating our biggest rival McMinn County High School last season.
What are your game day superstitions/routines?
Before every game, I listen to a special playlist I’ve put together.
What was the most challenging part of the recruiting process?
The most difficult part of the recruiting process for me was getting exposure to college coaches and programs.
How did FieldLevel help you with the recruiting process?
So many college coaches were able to see my film.
If you could give one piece of advice to high school athletes going through the recruiting process, what would it be?
Never give up.
- Alex Weeks, Rising Assistant Coach at College of San Mateo, is the Coach of the Month
- Featured Athlete of the Month: Ty Cook
- Brant Thompson (2017 OL – McMinn Central High School) is April’s Featured Athlete of the Month
- Dwayne Hicks, Nationally Recognized Head Coach of Team Total Lacrosse, is April’s Coach of the Month
- More Teams, More Coaches, More College Interest